Saturday, April 30, 2016

Miss Molly Mack

I told no one that I had been hearing a voice other than my own in my head since before my first suicide attempt. I thought they would think I am crazy, which is rather ironic, The voice continually told me I was unworthy, unloved, unimportant and that life would be better for everyone if I just killed myself. It was like listening to a CD on repeat 24/7. At the hospital after the second attempt I confessed to the doctor about the voice (Once I knew I could trust him). He said it would take a combination of medications and work on my part to get rid of the voice. Positive thinking, meditation, writing, etc. were all encouraged. I decided that since I argued with this voice often enough it needed a name. I went with Molly because it seemed to be a less harsh name. It turns out that the name Molly means bitter. Very appropriate! The best news of all is that Molly has been put on mute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment